Monday, March 08, 2010

Oscar Predictions...THE RECKONING.

So it was the Oscars last night, which I did not watch (I was too busy playing Donkey Kong 3 WHICH I BEAT TODAY). I see that already one of my predictions is INCORRECT. So, let's see which (if any) I was correct about:

Best Picture
I said:
Tough to say, but it's probably going to be between Precious, Avatar, and An Education. I'm going with Avatar, since I think Precious is going to sweep the acting noms and An Education is too obscure.

Oscar said:
The Hurt Locker.

Best Direction
I said:
Tarantino and James Cameron are going to give everyone a run for their money, but I'm guessing there's going to be a dark horse victory from Kathryn Bigelow for The Hurt Locker.

Oscar said:
Kathryn Bigelow.

Actor in a Leading Role
I said:
Bridges is apparently very good in Crazy Heart, and Roger Ebert thinks he could take the Oscar, so I'm going with his decision.

Oscar said:
Yes, Jeff Bridges! I love him a lot.

Actress in a Leading Role
I said:
Carey Mulligan and Gabourey Sidibe are both getting a lot of accolades for their respective roles. I'm going to go with Carey Mulligan, because she was awesome on Doctor Who.

Oscar said:
Damn, it's Sandra Bullock. It's not totally surprising I guess. Sandra Bullock is a big name star while the other two aren't and The Blind Side was more of a mainstream movie than An Education or Precious.

Actor in a Supporting Role
I said:
I don't know who Christoph Waltz is, but Inglourious Basterds has to get something and it could be Best Supporting Actor.

Oscar said:
Christoph Waltz.

Actress in a Supporting Role
I said:
Mo'Nique for Precious, no question.

Oscar said:
Mo'Nique. CALLED IT.

Writing (Adapted Screenplay)
I said:
Definitely going to be Precious.

Oscar said:
Precious.

Writing (Original Screenplay)
I said:
The Hurt Locker, even though I want it to be Up. The Coens are always really good, but I don't think the movie is getting good enough reviews.

Oscar said:
The Hurt Locker.

Animated Feature Film
I said:
Up's got this tied up (ha ha ha) but there could be a surprise upset from The Princess and the Frog.

Oscar said:
Up.

Art Direction
I said:
It's going to be close between Avatar and The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, but it's probably going to be Avatar.

Oscar said:
Avatar.

Cinematography
I said:
Inglourious Basterds.

Oscar said:
Avatar.

Costume Design
I said:
Nine is probably going to take this one, but Coco Before Chanel and the period costumes of The Young Victoria will make it a close race.

Oscar said:
The Young Victoria.

Documentary (Feature)
I said:
I have no idea what any of these are except The Cove, so we'll go with that one.

Oscar said:
The Cove.

Documentary (Short Subject)
I said:
Don't know what these are, so I'm going to pick Rabbit a la Berlin at random.

Oscar said:
Music By Prudence

Film Editing
I said:
District 9 deserves something, so we'll give it this one.

Oscar said:
The Hurt Locker.

Foreign Language Film
I said:
Ajami's the only one I've heard of, so sure why not.

Oscar said:
El Secreto de Sus Ojos

Makeup
I said:
Gotta go with Star Trek and the green skinned alien babes.

Oscar said:
Star Trek.

Music (Original Score)
I said:
Up.

Oscar said:
Up.

Music (Original Song)
I said:
Seeing as Nine is a musical and it's their business to have good music, we'll go with Take It All from Nine.
But in my mind I changed it to the Crazy Heart song.

Oscar said:
The Weary Kind (Theme From Crazy Heart)

Short Film (Animated)

I said:
Granny O'Grimm's Sleeping Beauty sounds awesome, so we'll go with that.

Oscar said:
Logorama.

Short Film (Live Action)
I said:
I enjoy the name Fjellstrom, so let's go with Instead of Abracadabra.

Oscar said:
The New Tenants.

Sound Editing

I said:
Star Trek.

Oscar said:
The Hurt Locker.

Sound Mixing
I said:
Avatar.

Oscar said:
The Hurt Locker.

Visual Effects
I said:
Ooh, toughie. Avatar was stunning, so we'll go with that.

Oscar said:
Avatar.

No comments: